A slip-and-fall accident is self-explanatory. It is an accident that happens on another's property and is caused by another's negligence. Some common examples include:
- Being assaulted in a poorly lit, unmonitored parking lot
- Reaching for a product on a grocery shelf and having an avalanche of items fall on you
- An unsteady handrail that causes a visitor to tumble down the stairs
- A standing pool of water at the entrance of an office building that causes people to slip and fall
Premises liability may extend to drownings at an unattended swimming pool, an explosion triggered by a leaky gas pump, a security animal that gets free and bites you, or a damaged gate latch that causes deep lacerations. After motor vehicle accidents, premises liability is the most common category of personal injury.
Maryland Slip-And-Fall Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered this type of injury, you must choose a lawyer with successful experience with the sort of injury you have suffered, and one willing to do the legwork necessary to win your case. You want a lawyer who returns calls and keeps you informed about the status of your case.
Most premises liability cases end in settlements. At RGPH, our attorneys are alert to the possibility of negotiating a compromise, but we are also willing to go to trial if that is the best way to obtain maximum compensation for you.
Have you been seriously injured in a property accident — at a store, in an office or at someone else's home? You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Contact the Bowie premises liability lawyers at Reinstein, Glackin, Patterson & Herriott, LLC, at any of these three numbers:
- 24-hour hotline: 240-893-RGPH (240-893-7474)
- Local office number: 301-850-7349
- Toll-free number: 800-237-3137