When one household is divided into two, people feel insecure. Each side fears being impoverished by the division of property, which splits marital assets into two fair and equitable parcels. The lawyer you choose to work with can make a big difference. Property division during divorce requires great professionalism, great skill and great consideration. These are the qualities our attorneys exemplify at Reinstein, Glackin, Patterson & Herriott, LLC, located along Highway 4 in Bowie.
Maryland Divorce Asset Division Lawyers
Maryland property division law distinguishes between marital and separate property.
- Marital property includes all earnings acquired during the marriage and all property obtained with those earnings. It also includes marital debt.
- Separate property is all assets acquired before the marriage. It would include gifts and inheritances granted to one spouse only, and property bought with separate funds.
RGPH is respected for its excellence in managing a host of property division issues, including:
- High net worth divorce/complex divorce
- Distinguishing marital from nonmarital assets
- Dividing debt
- Equitable distribution of marital assets
- Dividing jointly owned businesses
- Valuing businesses, professional partnerships, real estate, pensions, investments and collections
Looking for an equitable distribution of property with positive tax advantages? Contact the Bowie marital property division lawyers at Reinstein, Glackin, Patterson & Herriott, LLC, at any of these three numbers:
- 24-hour hotline: 240-893-RGPH (240-893-7474)
- Local office number: 301-850-7349
- Toll-free number: 800-237-3137