Kieran Murphy is an associate at Reinstein, Glackin, Patterson, & Herriott focusing his practice on domestic litigation, including divorce and custody disputes. Prior to joining Reinstein, Glackin, Patterson & Herriott, Kieran served as the judicial law clerk to the Honorable Judge John P. Davey in the Circuit Court for Prince George's County, where he regularly conducted legal research on issues related to civil procedure, domestic litigation, family law, and the rules of evidence. During his clerkship, Kieran regularly observed court proceedings, including jury trials, bench trials, motions hearings, and contempt hearings and is intimately familiar with courtroom practice and procedure.
Kieran is a graduate of the University of Baltimore School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude. While in law school, Kieran participated in the Community Development Clinic, where he represented non-profit organizations and small businesses, counseling his clients on structuring and forming nonprofit organizations, corporations, and limited liability companies and drafting and reviewing contracts, by-laws, and operating agreements. For his work in the Community Development Clinic, Kieran was given the Clinical Excellence Award, which is awarded for excellence in advocacy and professional judgment in clinical work. This honor is awarded to only two students out of the over two hundred who participate in clinical programs every year. During his time in law school, Kieran also served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Land and Development, an academic journal focusing on land use, zoning, constitutional law, and property law.
Kieran received his bachelor's degree from Seton Hall University, where he graduated cum laude, majoring in political science with a minor in legal studies in business. Kieran was admitted to the Political Science Honor Society (∏∑Α) during his undergraduate studies.
- Maryland, 2014
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. magna cum laude - 2014
- Seton Hall University
- B.A. cum laude - 2011
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Legal Studies in Business
- Constitutional Corporatism: The Public Use Clause as a Means of Corporate Welfare, 2 U. BALT. J. LAND & DEV. 91 (2013)
- Good Standing with SDAT, THE PEOPLE’S LAW LIBRARY OF MARYLAND (January 8, 2014)
Honors and Awards
- Clinical Excellence Award
- University of Baltimore Journal of Land and Development, Editor-in-Chief
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Law Clerk for the Hon. John P. Davey, Circuit Court for Prince George’s County, Maryland