George P. Patterson
George P. Patterson is a Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney and Civil Pre-Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and a partner at the firm of Reinstein Glackin, Patterson & Herriott, LLC. George Patterson has been selected as a Top 100 Super Lawyer for the Maryland and Washington D.C. by Super Lawyers since 2013. The Super Lawyer Top 100 list is described as the of the Best of the Best lawyers in Maryland and covers all practice areas. Bowie, car accident lawyer George Patterson has been lead counsel on several hundred trials, recovering millions of dollars on behalf of his clients. He has successfully handled over a dozen wrongful death cases along with hundreds of car accident cases involving permanent personal injuries. He is rated as a 10.0 attorney by Avvo, an attorney rating service and is a lifetime member of the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He has also been selected as a Top 100 trial lawyer for Maryland by the National Trial Lawyers, a Top 100 Litigator by the American Society of Legal Advocates, Best in Personal Injury for Maryland By Acquisitions International and as a Top 10 Personal Injury Lawyer by the National Academy of Personal Injury Lawyers.
Bowie, car accident lawyer, Patterson presides over a diverse personal injury practice that not only focuses on litigation and medical malpractice, but on the investigation of complex medical conditions such as traumatic brain injuries, complex bone fractures, laminectomies, disc fusions, growth plate fractures, carpal tunnel surgeries, fibromyalgia and whiplash injuries. Personal injury lawyer, George Patterson is widely recognized for his ability to obtain substantial settlements for his clients across a broad spectrum of practice areas. In cases where insurance companies have refused to offer their insurance policy limits, Bowie lawyer George Patterson has obtained verdicts in excess of the insurance policy limits at trial. He also utilizes the latest technology such as Trial Pad, a program that allows deposition transcripts, photographs and videos to be displayed on a large screen during trial.
Early in George Patterson's career as an attorney hired by several major insurance companies, he obtained dozens of defense verdicts in personal injury jury trials. Lawyer George Patterson has built on this experience to properly present plaintiffs' claims and to avoid tactical mistakes made by plaintiffs' attorneys.
George Patterson graduated from DePauw University with a double major in economics and philosophy and magna cum laude from the Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law. While attending Catholic University George Patterson published an award winning legal analysis of a Supreme Court case. The publication has since been cited in several publications including the Yale Law Journal, Villanova Environmental Law Journal, the Virginia Tax Review and the book Bittker on the Regulation of Interstate and Foreign Commerce.
- District of Columbia, 2005
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2004
- Maryland, 1996
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. magna cum laude - 1996
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Contract Law
- Law Review: Catholic University Law Review, Note and Comment Editor, 1994 - 1996
- DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana
- B.A. - 1993
- Honors: Dean's List (1990-1993)
- Honors: Little 500 (1991-1992)
- Major: Economics
- Major: Philosophy
- Note, Does the Commerce Clause Value Public Goods, 44 Cath. U. Law Rev. 3, 1995
- Kidsco Inc.
- Metropolitan Towing, Inc.
- Marlboro Towing, Inc.
- Investigating and Deposing Personal Injury Healthcare Providers, Allstate Insurance Company, 2000
- Using the latest Technology in Trial, Montgomery County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- AV peer review rated for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability by Lexis-Nexis and Martindale-Hubbell, 2011
- Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2009
- Board Certified Civil Pretrial Advocate by the National Board of Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy, 2012
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2010 - 2011
- Award for the Best Catholic University Law Review Note of 1995
- American Jurisprudence Award for Contract Law
- Advanced Inflatable Safety Operations Certification
- Basic Inflatable Safety Operations Certification
- Top 100 Maryland Super Lawyers, 2013 – Present
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers, 2013 – Present
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum lifetime member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum lifetime member
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer by the American Society of Legal Advocates in the State of Maryland for 2014
- Nationally Ranked Top 10 Attorney Award by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2013
- Best Attorney Lifetime Charter Member, Best Attorneys of America
- Best in Personal Injury - Maryland, Acquisition International, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Maryland Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Prince George's County Bar Association, Member
- National Board of Legal Specialty Certification , Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney
- Safe Inflatable Training Organization
- Advocate by the American Association of Justice Education Program, 2014
- Maryland Association of Justice
Past Employment Positions
- Conroy, Ballman & Dameron, Law Clerk, 1995 - 1996
- Maryland Court of Appeals, Judge Irma Raker, Intern, 1995
- Sussman & Simcox, Law Clerk, 1994 - 1995
- Phi Gamma Delta